How to Apply
Download How to Apply (PDF 84KB)Before you start
See Policy 2 for more information about who is eligible to apply for a CGDN licence.
If you are not quite ready to apply you may want to first register your interest
Applications to license a CGDN can be completed on-line via the CGDN home page or alternatively you can download application form and email once completed to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (03) 8341 4112. To apply via the homepage, simply start typing in your locality under the section “Apply for Domain Name” and a list of CGDNs will appear. Click on the CGDN you want to apply for and this will take you to the start of the application process.
The application process is divided into 4 sections* and you will be asked to provide the following information:
Section 1: ORGANISATION DETAILS
- Name and type of organisation/special committee of local council (eg. Incorporated Association)
- Why your organisation/special council committee is representative of your community
- Your organisation’s/special council committee's mission and what you aim to achieve from your community website
- Contact details for 2 members
Section 2: COMMUNITY MEMBERS
Provide contact details of at least 8 members (as a guide) and the interest groups they represent - for example residents, sporting, business, education, cultural, etc.
Section 3: SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Upload the following documents on-line, or indicate that you will fax them to auDA:
- Copy of your organisation’s certificate of registration (if not a special committee of council)
- Copy of your constitution (if model rules – no need to provide copy just indicate you use model rules in the "Description field"). If you are a special committee of council provide a copy of your Terms of Reference
- Website Plan – If you don't intend to use the Community Site in a Box, provide a summary of what content you will have on your community website - if you would like to use a template - please download the following document: Website Plan
- Evidence of community support (a letter from you council supporting your organisation/committee as representative of the community to manage the CGDN website would be sufficient)
Section 4: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
After you have submitted section 3 and clicked on "Proceed with Application" – the terms and conditions of licensing a CGDN will appear – please tick this box when you have read them and click “submit application” to complete your application.
If you have any queries or need assistance, please phone auDA on 1300 732 929 or email: email@example.com*When you have submitted each section, you can come back to complete it at anytime within a couple of weeks from the same computer (depending on your computer settings, etc.). In the "Apply for Domain Name" section there will be a link to "complete my application" – the information you have previously submitted will have been retained.
For a wealth of resources to help your community get their home on the net - please visit the "Resources" section of our website, in particular, the "How to Kit". If the information you require is not there - please email auDA at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or ask other communities about your queries at the online forum at: http://www.cgdn.org.au/resources/cgdnforum/