North Arm Cove's new website officially launched by Local Mayor
See why the residents of North Arm Cove believe they are the best little village in Australia
On Saturday 25th February, before local dignitaries plus a swag of enthusiastic locals, the North Arm Cove Website at www.northarmcove.nsw.au was officially launched by Mayor Jan McWilliams. Others present included Craig Baumann MP, Councillor Len Roberts and Council GM Glenn Handford.
According to Doug Kohlhoff from the North Arm Cove Residents Association: "Fifty locals have so far registered for accounts. (Our total population is probably only around 350.) Most of our seventeen editors have already had training and some have already added articles to the site."
Doug adds, "North Arm Cove is a very small village snuggling on the northern shore of Port Stephens in NSW. As our welcome page says, our website aims to strengthen our sense of community and to demonstrate to the world how we treasure our little village. "
According to Doug, " We set out to develop our North Arm Cove website so that it can:
- become a dynamic resource for our community, for its many groups and committees;
- provide an on-line meeting place where issues of concern can be explored and discussed in a constructive and civil manner;
- enable community members to initiate and gain support for new community ventures;
- remind us of upcoming events; and
- alert us to matters of urgent concern
This emphasis has led to the development of a website that is perhaps a little different to some others. Although most pages of the site are visible to the world, other parts of the site are reserved for "locals". "
To learn more about North Arm Cove, visit them at www.northarmcove.nsw.au